Thursday, August 18, 2005

Shit-Canned

So those slimy pricks . . wait . . can you call a woman a prick? Ok . . cunts; because there are no male supervisors where I work, pulled a fast one on me today. They had told me yesterday to not come in today because they were having "problems with outbound calls" and that it wouldn't be fixed until Friday. I get a call from The Sal today informing me that the whole department was dissolved and outsourced to India.

This really does not bode well for my finances. Not having a paycheck coming in every week is really going to not go well with that whole paying the bills thing. I'm still going in to work Friday so that they can tell me what my last day of work is. Hope I get a couple of weeks. The moves I'm currently making towards securing a new, and might I add better, job won't happen overnight. I need a bit of a buffer.

Oh, and just who is outsourcing their Accounts Receivable department to India/Phillipines? Motherfucking Earthlink. I've worked for them for the past year and 3 months trying to get hired off temp status. They dangled the carrot infront of my nose and I followed it blindly. Just what was I doing there? Well, if you are an Earthlink customer, and forgot to contact them via the website or by calling Customer Service about a new credit card/debit card/checking account that you were using to automatically pay your internet service . . . then you've probably talked to either The Sal or I. We were, along with 35 other Collections Representatives, responsible for calling you and getting your new payment information. Sometimes it was a breeze, and sometimes you were assholes.

But, that has all come to an end. Good thing I had the chance to work on my resume this morning. I've already sent it out to a guy my father in law recommended. He's going to look it over, make suggestions, edits, and then set up an interview at another company which will pay more money. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Crazy Dan said...

good Luck and stop calling for money.

|absolute absurdities| said...

I know what you mean man! The past few I as well have been chasing that damn carrot blindly lookin to get permanent status. I guess my never ending bad luck streak is on a roll, and I seriously thought it had died out when I joined this place.

Phred said...

Outsourcing- They are probably paying those people 17 cents an hour. Oh well you get what you pay for.
GOOD Luck, Dude ! Really.

deestract said...

This Indian creditor (don't ask) called my house trying to say his name was Robert Jones or something down-home American like that. My brother gave him the hardest time. It was COMEDY. What the Earthlink fuckers did to you (and the Sal) isn't. But look at it this way: Hmm, my positivity meter seems to be broke today. In any case, I know something bigger and better will result for you, for the sal, for all mankind. Best of luck. =-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)