Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Mighty Mouse To The Rescue


Thanks to Crazy Dan for posting about this in his West Texas Rocks blog (which is one click away over at my "Links" list, check it out). I was not aware that Apple had improved the functionality of their mouse with this newest model. Until now, it was just the one click optical mouse. Seems things have gotten a little mightier around the fruit based computer company.

Now, Crazy Dan does have a bit of a sarcastic outlook on this new product. Sure, it's now got two "buttons" like the PC counterparts, but those buttons are actually touch sensitive areas of the mouse. This is a little more advanced that the clicky PC mouse. Also, the scroll thingiemagig that regular PC mice employ has been improved by Apple and replaced with a track ball right where the scroll button used to be. And there are those two more buttons on the side of the mouse which adds more functionality to the whole thing.

I like it. I am an Apple user. I don't free base it, but I am fond of their computer products. In my opinion, they run circles around Microsoft. I don't personally use a mouse with my computer though. I have an Apple iBook, but if I had a non-laptop computer at home, I would buy this. Looks way better than the crappy Logitech that my work provides. Yeah, I'm looking at you logitech. Bad mouse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, touch-sensitive non-clicky buttons? I like that idea very much. Without the clicking, people on the other end of the phone conversation won't know that I'm ignoring what they are saying in favor of clicking around on the Internet. Nice.

Jackie Bolen said...

Hi, just battling you on blog explosion so I thought I'd check out your site.

Big D said...

Ahh, your small rebel forces mean nothing to the might of the empire. Look at Apple they are so far behind it's funny. They just decided to use intel and now hell has frozen over with a double button mouse. Steve Handjobs words not mine.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)