Thursday, August 18, 2005

Double-Wide Trailer Fun

Aeon Flux - I loved watching the cartoon shorts of this on Liquid Television when I was a teenager. That show on MTV was always great, and God did Aeon Flux look sexy in those. We're not talking Hentai sexy . . . but she was just so damn sleek and deadly. Who better to play her in the live action version than Charlize Theron. Apart from that role in Monster, she's always looked damn good. Check out the trailer for this here.

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose - Nothing really scares me these days. Which is why, when I first played the trailer for this movie and I got goosebumps . . . I knew I had to check this out. It claims it's based on a true story where an exorcism went a little sour and the priest in charge of said exorcism is on trail. That might be an interesting side story, but what I am more interested in is the scenes where Emily Rose is possessed by the devil. You can catch a few, frightenengly effective scenes on the trailer. Check it out, see what finally spooked me.

V For Vendetta - Otherwise known as the movie that Natalie Portman shaved her head for. This is based on an Alan Moore story that ran in DC comics' Vertigo imprint. Unfortunately, Moore has disassociated himself with the project after not liking the end product. This might just be nit-picking on his part. I am not familiar with the source material, but if the Wachowski brothers only fuck up half of it . . . then it might be a decent watch. Let's just hope. I'm not terribly impressed with the trailer, but here it is anyway.

Waiting - My wife used to work at a national restaurant chain that will go un-named and she can attest to these things going on in the back. Seriously . . . no freaking joke. You're better off eating at home all the time than run the risk of consuming food that is not so clean. Other people's bio-matter could be in it. This is a comedy starring Ryan Reynolds(Van Wilder), Dane Cook(Torque - I know, crap, but have you seen/listened to his comedy routine?), Anna Farris(Scary Movie-s) and Justin Long(the geeky kid from Dodgeball). It looks funny, and I hope they didn't cram all the funny into the trailer which can be seen here.

Night Watch - Or "Nochnoi Dozor" as it is known in Mother Russia, boasts some strong imagery. I love this trailer as it shows enough to captivate you and make you wonder just what the hell is going on. As far as I can tell, there's a tenuous peace between heaven and hell, and there are people that are in charg of maintaining this peace. I read over at AICN that this is part of a trilogy which is in itself part of a trilogy. I know . . let me break it down for you. This is the first of 9 movies that are scheduled for release if they adhere to the novels that are written regarding this story. I love grand, sweeping and epic stories and since this is going to be 3 times as long as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, that's going to make for some great cinematic action. Check out the trailer here.

Keep coming back. Trailers come out every week.

3 comments:

Crazy Dan said...

Thats crazy your wife used to work at Bennigans?? I used to work for bennigans to I have my "player" and "slanche" pins to prove it. I liked there food though maybe cause the cooks and I had an understanding I give them booze and the cook my food like they care.

Anonymous said...

hell, i love to watch trailers... they always make movies seem better than they truly are. haha. i'm amazed at how well they do up trailers actually.

it's always cool to watch trailers AND read the synopsis. seems like you have already watched the movie. hehe.

-serene @ http://xiaobudianz.diaryland.com

Big D said...

I think that Emily Rose movie is going to be a good movie. Finally a horror movie that is not going to be a peice of shit!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)