Monday, July 25, 2005

Ricki Martin: Arab Ambassador Of Peace


I don't know who Ricki Martin thinks he is. Maybe he's still clinging to a vestige of fame from about 7 years ago, when at least one person gave a damn about his shaking hips. But these days? Are we at all concerned about what he's got to say? Unless it's along the lines of "You're burrito is ready sir, would you like some chips and salsa along with that?", I don't care. So where does he get off thinking that someone is going to care about what his views on the middle east are?

"I promise I will become a spokesperson, if you allow me to, a spokesperson on your behalf. I will defend you and try to get rid of any stereotypes," he told Arab teenagers attending a youth conference. "I have been a victim of stereotypes. I come from Latin America and to some countries, we are considered 'losers,' drug traffickers, and that is not fair because that is generalizing."

Yes, a whole lot of good he will do trying to sway public sentiment with his rendition of "She Bangs" and then segueing into a plea for arabian tolerance. I can see this working extremely well. Heck, he could have his backup dancers all dressed up as harem girls and point at them and say "See! They're not all terrorists! They have whores too!!"

2 comments:

deestract said...

Now that Ricki's busy with diplomacy and peace-making (he cures cancer in his spare time) maybe the sal could keep this country entertained with his
his own rhythmic gyrations.
"The sal bangs, he bangs...oh, baby"
Hey, it worked for that Asian guy...
But if he makes it, just y'all remember that I discovered him and I expect my 10%.

Jaime said...

haha, she said "the sal, he bangs". just what is he banging lately . . that blog pimp.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)