Thursday, July 21, 2005

CGI'd Smurfs

I don't know if Paramount Studios finally ran out of old movies to re-make. Their Nickelodeon branch is remaking the Smurfs into a big CGI fanfare . . . and making 3 of them. A trilogy of Smurf movies, set to debut in theaters 3 years from now (how adequate). I know CGI is big these days. Everyone wants to ride the Pixar gravy train. But the Smurfs? And a trilogy?? Isn't that child abuse?

Although, I do hope they work on Smurfette's appearance a little. If they could give her a Jessica Rabbit makeover. Just picture it. Tall blue curvaceous chick with a tiny little white mini-skirt on and no friggin top. . . rawr. That'd be enough to send Papa Smurf running for his heart meds. Being that it will be a Nickelodeon movie, they probably will make her look like Rosie O'Donnell . . but less retarded.

So, if you don't like your kids, take them to the Smurf movie in 2008. Just make sure they don't call child services on you afterwards.

8 comments:

|absolute absurdities| said...

Well I dunno about a smurfs trilogy. Frankly I never like them to begin with. They just seemed kinda odd to me along with the snorkels. LOL! Although a cgi'd smurfette wouldnt hurt, right?

Jackie Bolen said...

You're right...this blog is much more interesting!

Pamela said...

Okay, the smurfs were great when I was a kid - maybe a movie wouldn't be SO bad. For my kid, not me...honest!
But a frickin' trilogy??? Get a grip!!!

Carolyn said...

Please, please don't let them ruin the smurfs. Is nothing sacred!

Jaime said...

they also have green screen . . but haha, i get it.

deestract said...

WHAT is the sal talkin' about?! Snorkels were great!!! Huh-loh?! They had suctiony thingamajigs on their HEADS. That should appeal to the nasty side in all of us. Mine more than others, perhaps...

Jaime said...

my wife is partial to fraggle rock. if there was a trilogy of those i'm willing to bet i'd be standing in line wether i wanted it or not.

d said...

I can only sign off on this if Burt Reynolds plays Gargamel. Then it should be a very smurfy film.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)