Friday, July 01, 2005

I'm Getting too Old for this Shit

Today my body has been racked by aches and pains. Why? Extra hard workout at the gym? Long distance running? Nah . . . 3 hours of bowling. Yeah, bowling kicked my ass this week. I feel like I worked out like a beast yesterday, but in reality, I was just kicking back a beer and bowling 4 frames with the rest of the finance department.

Not that it wasn't fun. I had not been bowling in a while, and I think I'm finally getting the hang out putting a spin on the ball like the pro's do. The thing is, I'm trying to figure exactly when I got old. Years ago, I would do any sort of physical activity with no detrimental feelings later on. Now, I run up a flight of stairs and I'm winded. This current state is most likely not aided by the fact that I am extremely out of shape right now . . . despite the fact that I pay a monthly gym membership fee.

But tied to this whole feeling old thing, is me decreasing the number of gym visits per week. I find myself promising to go a couple of times extra the following week, only to do the same. It's a cycle that I need to break, I'm just not sure how. Should I go back to supplements like Xenadrine, protein shakes, and stuff like that to help me get back to the way I felt 6 years ago? And can I even afford to maintain that sort of diet w/supplements. I don't think so. Even going on an Atkins light diet would put too much of a strain on our finances. Eating crap is much cheaper than doing a diet . . sad to say.

So, if you have any suggestions, feel free to comment.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Well, you're using muscles you haven't used in a while - that's all! Keep working on that spin. It's key!
Peace........

|absolute absurdities| said...

it is sad but you gotta hit the gym. Dont let up or else you'll find yourself a lot huskier than you ever dreamed. Then your SOL.

jane said...

buying fresh fruits & vegetables is much less expensive than eating junk food. i know this because while i'm fat as a toad, i've read about every diet in the books. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)