Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Paypopup.com Reverses Judgement

I had shot off an e-mail to www.paypopup.com about what exactly met their criteria. I was just curious, and had already made up my mind that I was not going to deal with them. This is what their first e-mail looked like.
2005-07-20 10:31:36
Thanks for your interest in PayPopUp.com. Our review team was unable to approve your site for hosting our ads. This certainly does not mean that there is any problem with your site, but it did not meet the standards of the criteria we use in assessing sites. However, I would like to recommend . . .


and then they go on and recommend another site for the pop-under stuff. I replied with this:
2005-07-20 11:29:04

just what is the criteria? was there not enough impressions on the first day? is the minnimum 200? please explain and let me know what is going to be done about the 17 cents that was generated. is that just going to go away or will it be payed out to me with the cancellation of my account.

I just wanted to know if I would be getting my precious 17 cents from them. I have bills to pay alright, every little helps. This is what they countered with:
Hi Jaime,
Thanks for your reply. Your site has been re-reviewed and it's now approved.
Regards,
Jackie


Ok, weird. I guess I'll still use them. But I won't be adding their code to my template until later today. Let them wait.

7 comments:

Jake said...

That was odd?! I wonder what the change of heart was. Maybe they just like to screw with ppl first. LOL! It probably is so they can weed out the serious ones and the fact that you asked good questions made them reconsider. Congrats and I agree about "Let them wait!"

My Photoblog

Anonymous said...

Ummm..why do want to add popups? Everybody hates them, dude. Oh yeah and BolgExplosion doesn't allow them.

Jaime said...

gee? really? blogexplosion does not allow them? it sure doesn't stop the countless of people that use them. and they're not pop-ups, they're pop-unders. thank you come again.

Jaime said...

it's all about chasing the dolla'. i think anonymous is the 14 year old that was trying to give me a lesson in adsense ethics yesterday. this from a kid who i'm almost a teenager older than him.

|absolute absurdities| said...

See it goes to show if you question authority you get freakin results...power to the people!

Anonymous said...

Dude - your writing style will get you enough traffic... if that is what you're interested in.

Our blog gets lots of random traffic from the wording we use - check out the little eXtreme Tracker icon at the bottom of our sidebar to see what I mean. The referrals say it all.

I guess I should clarify that you're looking for hits, not necessarily money? 'Cuz linking through sites like globeofblogs or pingblog.com would serve to increase traffic. Also, continue your stellar humour laiden posts and that should secure you an audience.

I know we've bookmarked you - should we link you too? :-)

Jaime said...

as far as paypopup goes . . i've removed the code from the template and just kept their banner ad. and thanks for the recommendation Rea.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)