Monday, July 25, 2005

Insured

I had liability insurance for my old car. I didn't need collision/comprehensive/bend you over and do you raw in the asshole insurance because my car was a piece of crap and I did not care if it had a few dings and dents. That all ends as of today. The dealership informed me that I absolutely had to have the high-end insurance package or my monthly payments would sky-rocket. As they are now, they are just within my budget by a few pennies. The state of California only requires liability, but the lending bank is a little more nervous about my purchase. Not like I've crashed a car . . . in the past 3 years. Teehee.

So anyway, I was forced to wake up early and contact my insurance carrier today. I had to do it today because apparently, there is no one available to make any changes to a policy during the weekend. It was quite funny trying to see the dealer call my insurance company after I told him that I could not get a hold of them. He, somewhat flustered, said "No way, give me the telephone number, I'll call". He was a nice guy overall, but he just didn't know that some insurance companies blow goats. Actually, they all blow some sort of farm animal or another. My particular one loves the goat cock.

I called them today though, reluctantly, already knowing that my insurance would shoot up a considerable amount of cash. I sat on hold for 20 minutes, on my cellphone, because my home phone's battery just decided to crap out on me. Whatever, I have enough minutes on my plan to absorb the call. After all was said and done, my insurance is now double what it used to be. I am SO happy about that. I hope they can read this so they can detect the palpable sarcasm in that last sentence. They were nice enough to let me pay what the bill says currently, and they would send me a courtesy invoice for the pro-rated balance. I'd like to shove that balance right up their sphincters.

But, on the positive, my new lil' automotive baby is covered. Let's just hope I don't have to ever ever ever file a claim on it. I need to find some wood to knock on. *Looks down at crotch* . . . . No . . not at work.

1 comment:

deestract said...

LOL! Not at work...
Anyway, be safe out there. You wanna see the highest concentration of retards, idiots, imbeciles and dumb-ass mofo's? Look to L.A. drivers...and I guess you could say I've been known to be one of them. All I'm saying is be careful, 'cause if you get in a fender bender and it's your fault or someone jackass succeeds in making it APPEAR that it's your fault, you're looking at ANOTHER doubling in your rate. I won't tell you how much I pay for insurance after an incident involving a rear-ending and a hit and run of sorts, (sounds kinkier than it was) because I think you'd lose consciousness, but let's just say that if I wasn't paying so much, I'd have a pretty hefty down payment for a second vehicle. =-p

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)