Thursday, July 14, 2005

Noticed the Sky

On the way home from work, to my empty house, I noticed quite possibly for the first time, how beautiful the sun looked on an overcast day. How the sunbeams pushed on through the openings in the clouds, and how that image would have put a smile on Heather's face from ear to ear. She loves those kinds of things, and I imagined her sitting there, smiling that adorable smile of hers, clapping her hands in an almost child-like glee.

It hasn't even been 24 hours since she checked in. Already I'm seeing things that she would have enjoyed. As I turned the key on the lock of my front door, I remember how she would have rushed towards me and jumped on me, wrapping her legs around me and showering me with kisses. I miss coming home to that. The more I think about it, the harder it is to deal with the absence.

I will drown my sorrow with Halo 2 tonight. Even doing that will remind me of how she would call me a nerd and scoff while rolling her eyes. Those blue eyes of hers. I wil miss her trash talking, laughing when I get killed by an opponent. How she would storm off when I asked her to stop. I'll even miss that.

*Soundtrack for this entry (never anything specific, just what's on iTunes when I type at home):
Pacific Theme - Broken Social Scene
PDA - Interpol
Blue Light - Bloc Party
Each Coming Night - Iron And Wine

2 comments:

Eric said...

From your writing, which is outstanding, you are both lucky to have each other.

Crazy Dan said...

HALO 2 !!!!
Killing things always hlep me when my fiance is not around come to think of it I like doing it even more when she is there. Aww well not much there to you. I jsut like killing things in video game or small animals. HEY!! you have a dog! that could be fun

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)