Thursday, July 21, 2005

Blossoming Blog Addiction

I seem to be spending more and more time working on this blog. Adding things, securing advertising, posting, surfing other blogs for credits on two traffic generating sites in an effort to bring more people here, if anything for a fleeting 20 to 30 seconds depending on the service. This is starting to consume most of the time I have online during the day, and let me tell you . . it's a solid 9 hours. So, between bloggin, and surfing, and researching new ad sites . . . if you add up all the time spent doing that in the past week, I've probably invested close to 50 hours just doing this. That's 10 more hours at my regular 10-7 job.

Could blogging and blog related activities be taking over my life? Is it something that I will eventually just drop or am I in for the long haul. Is there a BA (Blogaholics Annonymous) that holds meetings that I can attend to? And if so, are these meetings in some sort of a chatroom or forum? So many questions.

The blog-cession (that's blog and obcession put together . . . for the Special Ed folks) is starting to manifest itself in my daily goings-on. Everything I do, see, talk about, or even dream has me thinking of how I can blog about it. What spin will I put on it. Will it be a funny blog or a serious one. Is this something everyone else experiences? Or is my mild OCD just found it's new pet project. So many questions. Anyone have any answers?

8 comments:

|absolute absurdities| said...

Your right about one thing man...you have a problem. At least your not in denial about it. Hey wadda ya know, you just took the first step towards rehabilitaion.

LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar actually.

Do you think they have self help groups for this ?

Anonymous said...

You are a blogaholic. You can't live without blogahol.

deestract said...

The sal speaks the truth. Acceptance is the first step...I think.
However, you are still clinging to just a crumb of denial. You referred to your OCD as "mild..."

Jaime said...

:( . . . it is mild. not like The Sal's picante OCD regarding Chilli dogging and Cleveland Steamers.

Hiddenson said...

I guess it can take us by surprise anytime. I see exactly what you mean about how to put this or that event into words for my blog's sake.

Do we do it for the pleasure of writing, to entertain the masses, or to expunge some unbearable truth about our deeper selves? I don't know, but I attempted an answer here.

Take care.

deestract said...

Eh, I dumb. what the HELL is a "Cleveland Steamer"??
Hehe, you used the word "picante."
That's hot...
hehe, I'm lame.

Unknown said...

You're not alone. There's two of us. Let's go to rehab...:-)

________________________________

karen

Suffering from an addiction. This website has a lot of great resources and treatment centers. http://www.treatmentcenters.org

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)