Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ouch of The Day (7/13/05)



I remember playing full contact, no pads, full on tripping and punching football back in the middle school. I would come home afterwards with a torn school uniform and grass stains on my white shirt, only to get in trouble and sent to my room to work on my homework. It was fun then, but growing up, and viewing it in retrospect, I was a bastard. My mother had to clean up, mend, and make sure those uniforms would be ok to use the next day so that I didn't look like a savage when I went to the private school the next day. That woman's a saint I tell you.

Anyway, this is what our recess football games usually looked like, but with grey long pants and white short-sleeved shirts . . . with green grass stains mixed in with the occassional light brown dirt stains. And it was not such a racially charged tackle either. Those guys in the white uniforms might as well be wearing white hoods as part of their get up. Oh well.

4 comments:

Crazy Dan said...

Thats soccor not football!!

Jaime said...

actually, i thought this was a picture taken from a rugby match, which is what we actually played, but with football rules.

jane said...

we used to go to the elementary school on weekends & play roller derby. that was in the 60s, early 70s. no pads or stuff like that. but nobody ever got broken bones, no lawsuits. just good fun!

Crazy Dan said...

When I think rollar derby I think of futurist mayham.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)