Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Cheating?

I was having a good time on X Box Live last night (Halo 2 is my poison, what's yours?), blowing off some steam on Rumble Preview ('cause I bought the new maps biatches) when out of the blue (Canada actually) someone flat out accuses me of cheating. They go on to say "You stupid idiot, you're the host, and you're using the stand-by. I'm sending feedback".

Now, I know I was definitely not cheating for a few simple reasons. I am not stupid enough to light up the Bungie network with a stupid cheat like hitting the stand-by button on a cable modem. I also hate cheaters, absolutely abhor them as they ruin the Live experience. I also don't want to get banned, since Live subscriptions don't come cheap. And last, but not least, I wasn't even within arm's distance from the modem . . . which may or may not have a stand by button. I don't know, I've never even thought about performing the cheat.

So this Canadian is accusing me of cheating? Why? I think it's because I got a hold of the Plasma Sword and started to make short work of the other 7 opponents. Seriously, the sword is one of the most effective weapons in Halo 2. Maybe he felt uncomfortable that I was steadily creeping up on his lead (I must have gotten a killing spree in about a minute). All I know is that he vowed to leave me cheating feedback. I hope he did, because I left harrassment feedback on his ass. He ended up winning the match, so I don't know why he continued to call me a cheater after the match was over in the stats page.

I hope that Bungie reviews the game stats and notices that I am innocent. They should implement some kind of reverse-cheating feedback ban where if you accuse people of cheating just because they're better than you and there is a constant record of the pussy ass punk that keeps sending innocent the negative feedback will result in them being temporarily banned from Live. Just a thought Microsoft. You're not known for being innovative, so I don't expect that to become a reality any time soon. Maybe with the X Box 360. I hear that the matchmaking on that machine will make it so that you don't play as much with people that leave or that you send negative feedback on.

3 comments:

Crazy Dan said...

First off cheating in halo is a must to survive so he should get over it. Cheating is another word for being a cheap ass player meaninf always going for powerups and staying right by them waiting for pople to come to you. Second dont worry about it you can't get banned for cheat because noone can prove beyond aa reasonable doubt that you did. Third and most importantly you would never get banned for cheating its a lie to keep players honest like all coperate america Microsoft wants to keep you on the online gaming platform to sell you more stuff and keep the subsription going. Not that I would cheat but I know some way.

Jaime said...

actually, cheating does light up the bungie network, wether it's the use of modded boxes/maps or using the standby. they ban people regularly.

Jaime said...

this is an excerpt i pulled from the bungie site, re:hacked maps

An unnamed hacker asks,

Why do you guys even pretend you can do anything to stop us playing hacked maps? I do it every day and nothing has happened to me, so you guys are not only noobz, you're liars. You can't stop us.



I looked up this guy's Gamertag, and guess what? He was banned about two hours after sending this message. Irony and coincidence in full effect. We have banned literally thousands of players and we are banning more every day. So don't come crying to us when you get banned. We warned you like, a thousand times.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)