Thursday, June 09, 2005

Torture

Why does the gym have to be such a torturous experience. Apart from the physical pain that I endure due to muscle strain and the effects of cigarettes on my lung capacity . . . do I really need to suffer through the music these idiots pipe through the loudspeakers? Seriously, when was the last time you actually heard TLC's "No Scrubs" and said to yourself . . . "Wow, that's a welcome blast from the past." Yeah, never is what I thought as well. It's like these gyms rigged up a microphone to a television that was tuned to VH1's 50 most annoying songs of the 90's. I don't like the show, I don't like the music, and the last thing i want to do while I'm all sweaty and miserable is listen to that crap. It's really messing with my systolic . . not to mention my diastolic. Oh my.

So, you are saying to yourself, take your iPod with you. Sure, I could do that, but the wife has commandeered it and loaded music that I don't care much for (really, honey . . . System of a Down?) and I just don't want to go through the trouble of skipping through 90% of the music on that thing to get to the 10% that we share a common interest on. I love you honey, but Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg should have stayed in 1993 where they belong.

Buy yourself a new one then you say. Oh sure, let me dig into the endless supply cash that is my empty wallet. The only reason i'm "blogging" at this point in time is due to the fact that it is a distraction that isn't costing me money. It's on my employers dime, and they could rot in the dark pits of hell for all I care. As long as my collection stats are hunky-dory . . . they won't say a peep.

So now, after going during my lunch break to work out, I'm headed back there this evening. We'll see what gems they're playing today. Maybe the Presidents of the United States of America's "Peaches" will come on again. I'm at the edge of my seat with anticipation.

Thank you 24Hr Fitness. Thank you for the migranes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)