Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Samurai Sal

The Sal is a freaking maniac. Quite the claim you might be thinking right. Well, you would share the same sentiment if you had seen him come to work on monday with four bladed weapons. Yeah, not one . . . two even . . . a menage a trois of blades? Not enough for The Sal. He brought four. Now, you must be thinking "The man needs his pocket knives". And, I would agree with you. The thing is, he came to the office with two samurai swords and two pirate daggers. Arrrr!

The fact that The Sal is a maniac only affects me marginally though. I'm kinda glad he is, and I feel totally safe within the cloth covered walls of my cubicle. They are so secure. Ha! No, actually, I feel safe due to the fact that, say . . . the aliens were to decide to launch a full on attack (this is after the Zombie Uprising) on the City of Pasadena (aliens . . . start with the courthouse) I could just borrow one of the Katanas and put up some sort of a fight.

I know, that against ray beams and disintegrator lasers, a sword won't do much. But I'd rather have something than nothing. Plus, the stapler I have in my desk won't be of much help. I give credit to Swingline for making a fine stapling apparatus, but it's not appropriate for killing aliens. No, the sword would grant me an iota of security. At least until we could make it to a National Guard Armory (Glendale, I'm looking at you) so we could raid it for weapons. I would keep the sword though, if only for how completely badass I would look like with an M16A1 with a 40MM M203 granade launcher combo and the sword strapped to my belt. Yeah, I'll give you a few seconds to picture it.

Now, this is all depending on whether or not the aliens attack. It's your move little green men . . . I've thrown down the gauntlet . . . bring it on.

*Music I listened to while coming up with this entry:
Love's Secret - Michael Whalen
Sweet Religion - Imogen Heap
Close Your Eyes - The Chemical Brothers
Sound of Terror - The Von Bondies
Build That Wall - Aimee Mann
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) - The Arcade Fire

1 comment:

deestract said...

I just wanna know where the "office" security guard was during all of this...
"Freakin' maniac..." Heh-he.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)