Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Blue Collar Comedy?

I am having a little trouble understanding the phenomenon that is the "Blue Collar Comedy" whatnot. You know what I'm talking about . . . Jeff Foxorthy and his trio of rednecks. Now, I know that small doses of hick humor can be amusing at times. It can provide you a chuckle or two when you get tired of thought-provoking comedy, but these days, it seems that everytime I turn on the television all I see is a blank dark screen. That's cause i usually forget to turn on the cable box, but once I cross that hurdle, and the cable feed comes through . . . it's redneck comedy 24/7.

Comedy Central must be playing that "Blue Collar" crap every day of the week, every 2-3 hours. They play it more than they play old re-runs of Mad TV, and that's saying a lot due to the fact that if they took Mad TV off the air at this point in time, all that channel would be running would be Dave Chappelle reruns and the one millionth showing of Half-Baked . . . and the ocassional Daily Show (Jon Stewart is my savior). And it doesn't end there . . . the WB plays it as well. That's not all though . . since the spin-off comedy specials keep popping up on my television. The Roast of Jeff Foxworthy, The Larry the Cable Guy Special, the Drunk One Show, The Other Guy Extravaganza. Who are they targeting all this for? The red states? The people that voted for George W. Bush (and thank you for that . . you idiots)?

I'm close to tossing a cinder block at my TV set. But let's face it, what would I do witout a television . . . have meaningful conversations with people?? HA! Yes, i know, i'm slapping my knees too . . . but actually slapping my elbows. So funny. Anyway, I can't wait for this to end, so that they can start dedicating as much time possible to the "Latino Comedy" revolution. Oh wait, what was that? George Lopez is already getting air time every week on a couple of networks? Great, what's next, the asians are going to start popping up (with the assist of spring-equipped bouncy boots . . cause they're teeny tiny) with their own specials? All i want to know is . . . when is the white collar white man getting his time in the spotlight again. Cause, seriously . . they don't control enough at this point in time. Dare I say that they might be becoming a minority in the televised world?

Yeah right. Had you fooled there for a second (that is, if anyone actually reads this). Relax honkey, sit down, shut up, and enjoy your "Blue Collar Comedy" show. Save me some porkrinds. I'll be over with a shotgun so I can put you out of your unbeknownst misery.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)