Thursday, June 16, 2005

Shake Shake Shake

An earthquake just hit Pasadena right now. Don't really know where the epicenter was, but this is the 2nd one that hit the general vicinity (I felt a tremor Sunday morning as well). Anyway, it's always humorous to hear the reactions of people around here, like one of the supervisors screaming frantically "GET UNDER YOUR DESKS! GET UNDER YOUR DESKS!"

It just made me laugh, since this really didn't feel like a strong one. A tad on the dramatic side. What did she think this was? The Day After Tomorrow? In any case, I did not scurry under my desk like a simpering fool. I sat back on my thousand dollar ergonomic lumbar supporting desk chair, and enjoyed the shake-up. Kinda felt like those massaging chairs in the mall, but all to brief.

I'm no seismologist, but I've been through a few 'quakes. Growing up on the Pacific Coast of South America, you get used to these things. I'm not saying that they happen every day down there, but seriously, it's no big deal. Now, if I were working in Japan, then I'd be worried. I don't know how those little guys deal with their seismic activity. You get used to it I guess. Which is what I'm advising to the frantic supervisor . . . Get used to it. You'll look like less of a fool if you start acting calmly next time one of these things hit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too* brief.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. You surprise me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)