Friday, June 17, 2005

Pop yo' Colla'

I may be a little late on bashing the "Pop yo' Colla'" trend, but I feel the need to put my 2 cents in. I don't get it. Is it cold where these Colla' popping youths are? If so, why can't they buy a jacket? And where did this originate from? I vaguely remember a hip-hop ditty (am I really that old that I just said "ditty"?) talking, 'cause rappers don't sing, about it. But if so, why is it that white suburbanite teens are embracing the concept? So many questions.

Anyway, I tried doing this. My wife pointed, then proceeded to laugh at, and finally threatened to never sleep with me again if I kept my collar up. So, I did what every sane man would, and folded my polo shirt's collar to it's pre-determined position. The loss of sex is not worth me popping my collar. I enjoy the first way more than the latter.

So kids, what's the deal? Are the young girls in your high school enamoured with the look? That's really the only reasonable explanation I'm coming up with. I mean, I would have done anything for chicks back during my middle-high school days. Seriously, if the hotties had asked me to wear a tuttu and fringe socks to school in exchange for a raucous orgy with them . . . I would have done it. No hesitation. So that's got to be why these guys are doing it. If so, then godspeed my young brothers. As the old adage says "You got to do what you got to do".

1 comment:

|absolute absurdities| said...

Never used the term but ya i hear its the "in" thing to say...pffft!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)