Monday, June 19, 2006

Lost in Translation

I have to say, the tech specs and just the way the Playstation 3 looks far surpasses its previous incarnations . . . but, it still feels like a decidedly Japanese product to me. The Playstation designs have never appealed to me. Even though I was not born in the United States, I do have strong American sensibilities when it comes to the way things are designed. Taking a look at this machine and its peripherals, they're just not appealing to me. Not to mention the one glaring problem with the product as a whole.

Just the controller alone is a big letdown. I thought they were going to go for a the "Bat-arang" design. I really thought it might have been innovative . . . but no, they went with the old style, which is just too small for my beefy non-asian hands. But, I bet you can't see what this post is all about. Let's get a closer look.

SERECT!! *Groans* Oh Japan, why must you perpetuate stereotypes. Or "shourd" I say "steleotypes" so you can "undelstand" me. Just don't pee-pee in our cokes, and keep your "consores" to yourselves.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)