Friday, March 10, 2006

Precor Pwns Me

I've started to torture myself . . . err . . . I mean workout, again, and this machine is currently laying a smackdown on my systolic and diastolic heart rate. I do prefer it over the treadmills most people like, because there's less impact on the ankles, knees, fat-rolls, etc. It isn't, by any means, an easy machine to stay on for more than 45 minutes. My wife and have visited the 24 Hour Fitness gym for 3 days in a row (hopefully making tonight the 4th in a row and all time record for myself and her) and we're planning on killing ourselves on this machine tonight. I know that it all pays off in the end. All the "Earthlink Pot Luck Lunch" weight will be slowly but surely melting off my physique (fingers crossed) and I'll feel like a human again instead of feeling like a beached baby whale (I'm not that huge after all). All I need now is a new iPod. My wife's grip on the old one is unbreakable, so maybe, when I get that fabled "end of the year" bonus everyone is talking about at work (yeah, it's March and still no extra scratch), I'll buy her a new one (Nano's look good) and reclaim ownership of my lost MP3 player. That way, I don't have to listen to "Pump up the Jam" and "I think I'm turning Japanese" over and over again while I'm on the elliptical machine of doom.

3 comments:

deestract said...

Don't forget freakin' Coldplay. I mean, I like some of their stuff, but how can you get pumped up exercising with Coldplay?
You need that Nano! I'd be a cow without mine, 'cause I'd stop working out. Elliptical is great for cardio (remember to step up the resistance next week) and lifts the old booty. Kudos to your...killing yourself. Also, you know that stunted escalator-lookin' machine that looks all easy, and you think, People are actually getting a workout on that thing? Um, yeah. After three minutes, you'll be drenched in sweat. In case you haven't, give it a try once the elliptical stops being a challenge.

AMHQ said...

Don't forget fucking "Eye of the Tiger"

In highschool my friend used to listen to it on his headphones to get pumped before wrestling matches.

Jaime said...

i went yesterday while my wife was at "brunch" with some friends. i actually got to pick what i wanted to listen to.

it was nirvana . . . not the band, but the state of being.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)