Thursday, March 09, 2006

Living la Vida Muerta - UD Wk3

As you all know, I've been playing the Urban Dead MMORPG pretty much religiously for the past couple of weeks. The first two tries at it yielded zombification pretty quick, but it seems that the third time is the charm, since my now level 6 (with 73 XP's) fireman is unscathed and loaded up with more weapons than I have hands for. Here's a rundown of the skills I have picked up along with my inventory.

Basic Firearms Training (Player gets +25% to hit with all firearms attacks.)
* Shotgun Training (An extra +25% to hit with a shotgun.)

Hand-to-Hand Combat (+15% to melee attacks.)
* Axe Proficiency (An extra +15% when attacking with an axe.)

Free Running (Can move between adjacent buildings without stepping outside.)

Body Building (Player has a maximum of 60 Hit Points instead of 50.)


Inventory -

Fire Axe
Pair of Wirecutters
Crucifix
Shotgun (1 shell)
Shotgun (empty)
Shotgun (2 shells)
Pistol (6 rounds)
Pistol (6 rounds)
Pistol (5 rounds)
Pistol (1 round)
Flare Gun x2
Pistol Clip x8
Flak Jacket

All's I need is a day's worth of searching the Dane Street PD in Crowbank (or the often zombie laden Burt Square PD next door) to find some more shotgun shells to load up on my shotty's. I don't know why this game is so addictive. By all means it shouldn't. Only 50 turns every 24 hours. No graphics. Just a grid and some text. But I keep coming to it. Try it out. Link in the sidebar.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

want to know how much i'm into this game?

as soon as i saw this, i rushed over to the game, signed in, and saw the bedlam.

i escaped Dane Street PD with 39 HP's and headed west to St Gregory's Hospital, which is also overrun by zombies. there, i found a FAK to cure an infection that kept chipping away at my health, killed a zombie, and took refuge in the bank 1 block north of the hospital.

i'm going to develop some construction skills with my next level up. i need to barricade the hospital, then go back to the PD's to retake them.

Anonymous said...

Dude, Crowbank is screwed. I got a revive, Bob the Beast and Killa Christian are dead. If you need a revive, just ask. I got the 3rd Necro Tech skill and I can make revivification syringes. We're falling back to the North and East, toward the Vinetown Mall. You should join us. I'm going to post on Analog Medium tomorrow or Tuesday about where everyone is and where we're going. I thought I'd give you the heads-up though on the Dane St. PD situation though. As far as I can tell, everyone got iced.

Jaime said...

Dane Street looked pretty clear to me a few moments ago (6:50am PST), but Burt Square had a couple of rotters in there. I took some popshots at it til I could get another level up (advanced pistol training . . cause i'm outta shotgun shells), and then made a retreat for St. Gregory's, where I found another FAK. Somebody healed me up to 60 HP's also.

Jaime said...

SteelSimian is dead. i was caught out in the open while jumping from building to building. i think i jumped into a park and then i could not get back into the safehouse. i had so many guns too. :(

i'm starting a new guy, but maybe tomorrow. today, i mourn the loss.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)