Monday, March 13, 2006

Declines - March '06

Here again, the monthly decline report. My wallet is not ready to fulfill commitments to these CD/DVD clubs at the moment, although the CD club (BMG) I just keep around to see what kind of ridiculous shit they try to sell me. We'll start with them, then we'll check out the Columbia House offerings.

Switchfoot - Nothing is Sound (Sony Version) - First of all, why would I even want to buy a CD. Second, if for some odd reason I were to buy a CD, why would I buy it from Sony, who put that horrible rootkit thingamabob into their CD's that are so easily hack-exploitable. Sure Sony, why don't I install a door on my computer that anyone can get into. Third, Switchfoot?? No thanks, I don't want to give my ears cancer.

Doom - I saw this in the theaters with the Sal a few months ago. And yeah, it wasn't high drama, and it could have been loads better. But as it is, it's pretty fun with a couple of mild scares and some hot action. Why am I not buying it? Well, they changed the demon spawn into Martian DNA hybrid'y-clones and I would rather play the DOOM 3 game than watch the movie. Pretty much the same effect, except the game is scarier than the movie.

Saw II - I have not seen this, but I saw the first one . . . and was not too impressed with it. This one seems to take it's premise directly from the movie The Cube (watch it, but avoid the sequels), in that it puts a group of abducted people in an enclosed place and they have to figure a way out. I'll spoil it for you . . . people die. The domestic box office gross for this warranted a sequel, which should come out by Halloween this year. Be prepared to see movie posters with three sawed off grungy fingers in them. I don't know what they'll do for the fourth movie, since Scary Movie 4 stole their severed finger thunder with their teaser poster. Save those marketing people a headache, don't watch Saw III.

There you go, things I'm not buying this month. I know, contain your excitement, people are watching you . . even when you're alone.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)