Monday, March 13, 2006

I Need a Vacation

I work too damn hard. So hard in fact, that it's starting to affect my subconcious. Below are a couple of communication exchanges between my wife and I while I was asleep. Now, I'm taking her word that these things happened, she might have been dreaming them up herself. Who knows.

Incident #1
Me: Ma'am, what's the name of the XXXXX software that you're using?
Wife: What? What're you talking about?
Me: Your software ma'am, we can't help you out unless you tell us (I drift off to sleep at this point in time).

Incident #2
Me: If the show is in Spanish, it's corrupted.
Wife: What? What show?
Me: Corrupted, corrupted, corrupted . . . (I drift back to sleep again).

So, as you can see, this is not an isolated incident. It's happened more than once in the span of 3 months. I already had a discussion about this with my supervisor earlier today and he told me that he's had the same type of experience. Not that he could do anything for me in the way of relieving me of my telephonic duties . . . but if I don't get a vacation soon, I'm going to have to start using the psych allowances in my health plan. I don't want to have to be dealing with work issues while I'm asleep.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)