Thursday, May 18, 2006

Offenders

That's a map of the area that I live in. The blue blocks are convicted sex offenders. One of the guys was playing around with the Megan's Law website at work and I got curious. There were actually 26 registered sex offenders living in my area, but most are in the neighborhood of Highland Park, not exactly in Eagle Rock. The ones that are living around my house, though, are also living within walking distance of an elementary school and a high school. Most had convictions for lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14, but one of them had a conviction with sex with a cat . . . WTF? That guy, also had convictions for forced oral sex with a child under the age of 14 and a rape charge. What a catch, huh ladies?

If you want to check out your area to see how replete with sex offenders it is, check out the Megan's Law site here (if you're in California). My area is not as bad as another guy's area, which had 118 convicted sex offenders when he ran a search of his zip code. This is one of the reasons I don't want to raise a kid in Los Angeles. It would be like hiring Britney Spears as your nanny. Dangerous. Might as well let your newborn play russian roulette with a fully loaded gun.

3 comments:

Big D said...

What every happened to hanging people?

Anonymous said...

Last time I checked my zip I had over 130 in my area. VERY scary! Especially when you consider those are just the ones that have been charged. They say over 50% of sexual crimes are never reported.

Jaime said...

oh no, wow . . . time to move to pa-hoe-nix

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)