Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Getaway - Part III

Our last day of our little vacation up north started, once again, with coffee and pastries at the bed and breakfast. We didn't wake up as early as the previous day though, since we didn't have all that much planned for the day. After a relaxingly paced morning meal, we were summoned to the Spa Cottage for a couple's full body massage. We were given robes, and told to disrobe, but being the modest folk that we are, we kept our underwear on.

We dis-robed in the cottage and layed face-down on the massage tables, and the masseuse's proceeded to oil us up and rub pretty much every inch of our bodies . . . except for the happy ending parts. I think. I only speak for myself. There was a bit of a partition separating my table and Heather's . . . and I think her masseuse was getting a little fresh with her. I'm not sure if that bit of subversive lesbianism bothers me at all though. The only thing abnormal about my massage is that the woman kept bumping the top of my head with her crotch, and since I didn't find her at all attractive, this was more of a distraction than a bonus.

The massages lasted an hour, and then we went back to our room and tried to wash as much of the oil off our bodies. We shared a shower, which is one of our favorite activities. It's just much more fun to bathe with a loved one. After that, we packed up our stuff, and then loaded everything into our car. We were determined to get more shots of the city with our cameras before we left. I tried doing the whole "random shots while driving" method but it didn't pay off much. A couple of shots were decent. We pulled over on the main street of Solvang and asked some people to take our pictures with a windmill backdrop . . . but when we checked the digital camera, they totally focused on us . . . and the windmill was completely cut off. Oh well, maybe the 35 mm will yield better results. I have to save up enough money to develop the 4 rolls of 24 exposures that Heather took.

I, personally, shot around 200 pictures with my new digital camera. I had a large amount of pictures to take. The 64 MB of RAM the memory card held was enough for 600+ shots in 640 X 480 pixels, and I kept the picture quality at standard. I wasn't looking for frame-worthy pictures. Just something to help us remember our time there.

At around 12:30 PM, after a modest lunch at the Burger King in Buellton, we hit the road south. Not a whole lot of traffic, it was actually quite smooth. We did get to see a large amount of marine fog rolling over a hill into a valley while on the road that looked spectacular. Wish we could have gotten better shots of it. It looked like someone had spilled a bunch of cotton all over the hillside.

Total roundtrip mileage - 566.6 miles.
Total hours in car - 9.5 hours.
Total expenses - More than I would care to admit.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)