Friday, May 26, 2006

In Theaters - Memorial Day Weekend

So much to choose from this weekend. It's like the movie studios decided to pound us silly with a flurry of theatrical releases . . . all great picks too. Actually, that's what's happening in Bizarro World right now. We're left with the following choices for new movies this weekend.

X-Men: The Last Stand: The last movie in the X-Men trilogy, and it has to end like this. Even if it's not as terrible as I think it's going to be, it will not be the movie my inner-nerd was waiting for. For starters, it's only 97 minutes long. Second, they got hack-du-jour Brett Ratner to direct it. Third, Wolverine is telling jokes left and right like he's Rodney Dangerfield with claws. The guy just can't get any cinematic respect I tell's ya. Being that this is the ONLY wide release opening of the weekend, expect it to do pretty good at the box office. I mean, what else are you going to go watch? The DaVinci Shite? Mission Scientology III? Just My Cocaine Addiction? Posei-boat-with-no-zombies?

Limited Releases (Synopsis copy/pasted from Yahoo! Movies).

Cavite - An American visiting the Philippines for his father's funeral learns his sister and mother have been kidnapped by a terrorist group.

An Inconvenient Truth -
A documentary about Al Gore's investigations into the science of global warming and efforts to curb worldwide climate change.

Lower City (Cidade Baixa) -
Two best friends with a small-time criminal enterprise in Brazil both fall in love with the same stripper.

2 comments:

Big D said...

This is the weekest memorial day movie weekend I have ever seen. Where is Will Smith? I'll take Independence Day, Men In Black, and I Robot any day over this X-Men hack job.

Reel Fanatic said...

I'm hoping beyond hope that this won't suck when I finally get to see it Saturday morning, but early word doesnt look good

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)