Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mind Games - Playing with her Head

"You know, I've literally gone through 500 websites trying to figure out just where we're going this weekend"

That's what my wife told me today. Not knowing where we're going is driving her nuts with anticipation. Even if she's slightly disappointed by my choice of weekend getaway destination, the whole build-up and constant goading from her to get me to tell her just what is going on starting tomorrow after work is reward enough for me. Now, it's just gravy if she likes it. I think she will though. It's right up her alley. You know, pampering, girly shit. Stuff that would make a guy go "What? What happened to your cojones man?"

So far, I've given her a clue a day since she found out about it. Accidentally that is. She had typed up a sticky note on the computer with the suggestion that we go away for Memorial Day weekend. I had quickly typed up "way ahead of ya hun" and then went to work that day. My initial intention was to try to get home before she saw it so that it could have been a total and unexpected surprise. But, she got to it, and I've just added to the fire with a little clue-kindling. Right now, her curiosity level is at "forest fire".

Gardens
Purple
Breakfast
262,400
Ganache
Castle

That's all I've told her so far. Now, I'm sure if you're somewhat web-savy you could deduce the destination . . . roughly, to at least the area that I picked. If you want to take a stab at guessing where this clues will lead you, be my guest. Just know, you won't find Carmen San Diego there, gumshoe. I won't be posting much until Sunday when we get back. Maybe there will be pictures of where we went. Who knows.

3 comments:

Big D said...

Graceland! You're all about the bobble headed Elvis.

Jaime said...

i was thinking more driving distance. graceland would take us all weekend to get to, and then, how could we enjoy the attractions if we have to leave immediately after.

i told her the website that i used to find this place, finally, this morning. i had given her another small clue. "taxi". She then proceeded to look for the "taxi bed & breakfast". how adorable. i made it a little clearer for her today. told her to go to cabbi.com . . see . . cabbi, like in cabbie, or someone who drives a taxi.

Anonymous said...

hearst castle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)