Friday, May 05, 2006

An American Impossible Hoot III - Opening Weekend

Wide Release

An American Haunting -
It seems every week for the past few weeks, a scary or scary-themed movie has been released. Most of them have been sub-par entries, and I have overlooked and not attended the majority of them. Mostly because I don't want to use up my alloted "3 Scary movies a year" quota my wife has set up. This one I really wanted to see just based on the trailer I saw for it. Then, I started reading reviews, and they range from terrible to average. The Sal really wants to go see this . . . I don't know if I want to spend 10 bucks to see it though. Maybe as a rental.

Hoot - I don't know what this is about. Something about saving owls that live in holes. Why don't these retarded owls live up in trees? It's supposed to be a comedy too. *Groans* I hate kids movies like this. Not only that, but it's being released by The Walden Group, the same Christian production company that released "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". Expect some subliminal religious undertones. If you want to brainwash your kids, take them to watch this movie this weekend.

Mission Impossible III - This movie I want to watch, despite Cruise's crazy behavior. I have read much positive press for this movie, and it's directed by J.J. Abrahms, who gave us one of the greatest shows on television . . . Felicity. Err . . . I mean Lost, and Alias if you're into convoluted storylines and ex-hot chicks that develop man-faces and weird simian'y upper lips. What the fuck is up with Jennifer Garner?? But forget about that, Lost is his best show so far, and M:I:III looks to be pretty kick ass. Now, if I could just convince the wife to go to this with me . . . now that's the true mission impossible.

Limited Releases (The ones I know about, I'll write about. The ones I've never heard of . . . well, that's what Yahoo! Movies synopsises were invented for.)

Art School Confidential -
This Terry Zwigoff movie looks pretty interesting. The trailer for it shows that this movie has wit and and I somewhat enjoyed his last movie, "Ghost World" . . . despite the total lack of ghosts in it. This one, I might make a trip to the "artsy-fartsy" theater for.

Crazy Like a Fox - After losing his family farm, Nat Banks (Roger Rees) plots a one-man campaign to reclaim the historic property.

Down in the Valley - A delusional man (Edward Norton) believes he's a cowboy and strikes up a relationship with a rebellious young woman.

One Last Thing - A charity offers to grant the wish of a terminally ill teen so he asks to spend the weekend with a supermodel (Sunny Mabrey).

The Promise - Set in mythic China, a mysterious princess becomes the object of affection for a nobleman, a general and a slave.

The Proposition - A law enforcer in the 19th century outback Australia notorious outlaw brothers against each other.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)