Monday, January 23, 2006

Sucking the Box Office Dry

1. Underworld: Evolution
2. Hoodwinked
3. Glory Road
4. Last Holiday
5. Brokeback Mountain
6. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
7. Fun With Dick and Jane
8. End of the Spear
9. Hostel
10. King Kong

If it's not the lure of vampires duking it out with werewolves, it must have been the lure of Kate Beckinsale in tight leather strutting around and looking hot while having the core temperature way below 98.6 degrees ('cause, you know . . . vampires are undead). The #2 spot belongs to Hoodwinked, who held the same spot last week after some re-shuffling in the list. I guess most people are going in thinking that Anne Hathaway will expose some flesh in animated form . . . or families are just looking for something that'll keep the young'uns quiet for an hour and a half. The middle of the pack is populated by the regulars except for End of the Spear, which I only started seeing commercials for a couple of weeks and thought it was a television movie that would air on National Geographic Channel.

Seems moviegoers are finally checking out of Hostel, hopefully with all their limbs intact. Peter Jackson's King Kong seems to be entering the denoument of it's theatrical run and looking to make a ton of cash in a couple of months via DVD. You know there's going to be at least 2 versions. The regular one that everyone will pick up, and the extended 5 hour edition which I must own. Why must I own it? Well, there were three LotR movies, I own a total of 6 versions totaling 18 DVD's . . . you draw your own conclusions.

Speaking of DVD . . . I wonder what ever happened to "DVD Tome". Eek! I need to bring that back.

2 comments:

deestract said...

it's funny you should mention dvd tome, 'cause the other day I thought what ever happened to that? And I wasn't reading your blog or at a computer when this thought crept into my brain. I think I was trying to fall asleep... that's scary. very scary.

Jaime said...

i was going to do another DVD Tome entry today, but i woke up late. maybe tonight.

it's too much work though. i think i'm past the 300 mark on total DVD's owned by myself

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)