Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Future is On

Futurama is one of my all time favorite shows. I actually prefer it over to what the Simpsons have become . . . which is pretty boring. Sorry, I know there are tons of Simpson fans out there that are totally loyal and devoted to the antics they perform, but I've noticed a decline in the quality over the past couple of years and now, on Sundays, and I see that the Simpsons are on I shrug and say "whatever".

But, Futurama has done exceptionally well on DVD, much like Family Guy which got the ax from FOX prematurely only to be brought back from the dead. It also doesn't hurt that the syndicated reruns on Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network consistenly top the ratings on that channel. So, this below, taken from the Billy West Forums comes as no surprise to me. It's from the man himself, the voice of Fry, Farnsworth, Zap Brannigan and others.
HERE'S GREAT NEWS!
Here's the official word on Futurama!!
David X. phoned me about an hour ago and said that this Futurama project
is a done deal! Here's the word from DX---
There are 4 DVD movies that we'll start recording at the end of July or
August.Full feature length FUTURAMA movies.
Everybody is excited to get back together--as I am!

Into the Future,
Billy
Freaking awesome huh? I can't wait for these movies. I also can't wait to have enough disposable cash to pick 3rd and 4th season sets that are out there. Everyone needs to buy/watch more Futurama. Bring this show back from reruns and into weekly aired new episodes. I don't care what network it comes to. I just needs to come back. I'm eagerly anticipating this about as much as I'm anticipating the awesomeness that will be the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie that comes out this year.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

yes, Futuram pwns the Simpson's collective fac3s. woot!

Jim said...

Excellent news! I've heard rumors that Futurama might have a Future - I'm just glad it's official!

I agree with mark - while the Simpsons are a bit inconsistent, they're still producing some very funny episodes. Just remember that your memory of the early seasons will selectively recall the best and forget the mundane, so the early seasons probably seem better than they were.... Not that they were bad or anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)