Friday, February 17, 2006

Irk of the Day

I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to explain to someone how to copy and paste a link from an e-mail to their Internet Explorer web browser. It shouldn't have taken 10 minutes. This was a 30 second max set of instructions . . . but this guy just kept asking me to clarify. "How do I copy and paste? I right click, then left click, and when do I highlight". This is one of the most frustrating things that's happened to me this whole week. Nevermind the tedious IRS tax-filing fiasco from a couple of days ago. Nevermind the 500+ people before this guy that I talked to this week. This guy takes the cake.

"Sir, just right click on the highlighted area, then open an IE window, clear out the address on the address bar, right click on that address field and click on paste". This he has a problem with . . . but breathing, that he somehow manages to do just fine. People like this do not deserve to use the internet. They don't even deserve to look at a computer with longing eyes. I need to establish my tyranical reign over the world so I can save people who work in the tech suppport field from this type of a call.

So, in 2008, remember, Jaime for President. I'm running. If I can get off the couch long enough.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)