Thursday, February 16, 2006

Declines of the Month

I have a couple of membership subscriptions to Columbia House and BMG. Things I should have cancelled a long time ago because I met the requirements (I'm looking at you BMG) but that I keep around because their outrageous prices amuse me. So, every month, I decline their "featured selection" or their "director's selection". This is a the latest thing I have said no to.

BMGmusic.com - Blink 182 Greatest Hits - If this were 1998, and I was a 16 year old girl with dreams of being a punk but wanting to stay within the confines of trendyness and the mainstream, then I would totally pay 18 bucks for a CD that has all the songs that my other Blink 182 CD's have already. Then again, it's not that time, and I am a man who loves stea . . . err . . . I mean borrowing music from Limewire or downloading the free selections from the iTunes music store, so I pass on this.

Columbiahouse.com (x2) - God of War - The "director's selection" of the month, on my 2 accounts with Columbia House. Why 2? Because I like even numbers. Duh. We'll, actually, about a year ago, I was looking for a quick way to get 5 DVD's for 49 cents, so I started a 2nd account with them. I had already fulfilled the obligations on the first account, of which I am a "preferred member", so now I have to buy 5 more DVD's before the end of this year, or they'll . . . umm . . . what will they do to me? Anyway, this movie is totally unappealing to me. Why is Nicolas Cage famous? Oh yeah, he's Francis Ford Coppola's nephew. Nepotism I tells you . . . alive and kicking in Hollywood. How else do you think that Sofia Coppola keeps getting directorial gigs. I've enjoyed her previous movies, but her Marie Antoinette with Kirsten Dunst just looks terrible. I do look forward to her head getting chopped off . . . ooops, did I just spoil the movie for you? Go read a history book you friggin idiots. The end to that movie was spoiled a few hundred years ago.

So, that went off on a tangent. See ya'lls next month then.

2 comments:

AMHQ said...

LOL!!1 @ the Blink182

Jaime said...

i would have laughed a little harder if it were a Buck O' Nine greatest hits CD. or Less than Jake.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)