Thursday, February 16, 2006

Internal Rip-Off Service

My taxes have just been done. Thanks to my step-father who prepared them for me. The disconcerting part is . . . I owe the government money. This sucks major ass. And it's no fault of mine really. I lay the blame on Ultimate Staffing. They had their heads up their asses for most of 2005 apparently. They're the ones who got me the temp-to-never-hire gig at Earthlink. Now, they did not pay me much, and I know they were making double what I got paid. The thing is they would take like 4-5 bucks a week for Fed taxes and nothing for state taxes. At the time, I let it go, because I desperately needed the meager wages they were doling out.

Now though, it came back to bite me in the ass. Not just the asscheek, but the actual ass. I had no idea the IRS was into toothy rim-jobs. Anyway, we got it whittled down from 800+ to under 200 that I owe using the long form. The state, on the other hand, owes me 50 some bucks. Thank you governor Schwartzenneger. Cawifourniah is the greatest.

I also had to adjust my W4 form at work to ensure that this never happens again. Even though my current job is taking out the proper amount for the Feds, I went from 2 dependents to just 1, so I can at least get some money back next year. Sure, my paycheck just got a little smaller because of that, but I don't want to go through this headache again.

I do hope that some good comes out of this though. Things like the poverty-diet of 2001-2 which helped me drop a lot of weight. It's incredible how thin one can get when they don't have enough money to buy food. As it is now, I'm starting a coffee and ramen noodles diet. Why? Because I have tons of coffee at home and they have coffee here at work and it makes me forget that I'm hungry. And ramen noodles because they're usually 25 -35 cents a cup at the Super A Foods store. So, hopefully, this payment to the government will give me that edge I need to get back to 2002/3 proportions (body size-wise). The 2006 Jaime model is not up to my liking. Silver-lining folks. You have to notice it sometimes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)