Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Techno-Addiction - iPod Shuffle

My wife and I bought each other iPod Shuffles for Valentine's Day this past weekend. And yes, we have been using them since. Hey, it's a fake holiday invented by Oprah Winfrey and Hallmark . . . the hell we're going to adhere to the actual date of to give each other our presents. But seriously, who could wait to get their hands on these tiny wonders. I'm listening to my silver one (Heather got the green one . . . because of her Irish pride. No, they did not have a beer-colored one) right now as I write this post, and it makes the time go by much faster while responding to technical support e-mails. It almost makes me want to not punch my computer screen every time I open up a message from another incompetent anti-virus user.

So, tech specs? Um, it holds 1 GB of music. No screen, but that is by design. The iPod Shuffle mixes your music for you and never throws out the same play list twice at you. It is thin, just a little larger than 1/2 of my thumb (it goes from the tip to just past the knuckle) and it is infinitely cooler than anything Creative Labs has to offer. Like I told my associate, Mike V., who moonlights as a rep for them . . . "If this thing had an FM tuner like the ones your company tries to sell, it'd be as big as a beeper. Who needs that?" He just laughed, and called it the Anti-Christ.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Think outside the Apple!!

Jaime said...

I can understand why you would say that . . . but you have to realize that you are totally wrong.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)