Monday, February 19, 2007

New Job Disclaimer

I start my new job tomorrow with one of America's largest (finest is still up to debate) financial instutions. No more technical support issues for me. What awaits is 6 weeks of what I can assume will be some sort of intensive training. Do I need it? I don't know. Possibly. Whatever the case, I want to go into my new position with all the preparation that I might need. Why do I bring this up? Well, in the past, my jobs have been pretty lax on internet policies. I was pretty much able to run around and do whatever the hell I wanted to. Production was never a problem, so my direct supervisors always let it slide that I was blogging on the job.

With this new job, I don't think this will be the case . . . until I find my niche. My little comfort zone which will allow me the internet creature comforts I have become so accustomed to. So, this might mean that posts are not going to be made 3 - 5 times a day like in the past few weeks. I've been on a veritable blogging binge as of late, so expect that to cool off. I will still be able to post something in the morning. My new shift starts at noon every day, so I can let you guess at what time I get out of work. Hint . . . it's not that early.

So, I wish I could say that's why the "Musically Inclined Mondays" is not up . . . but, no. I'm just lazy. And . . . it's President's Day. Gotta respect the holiday. Which I have, by sitting around in my underpants playing XBOX 360 all day long. Where's the wife you ask? Oh, the horrors of retail sales. She's getting close ending another day of work over at the national electronic goods purveyor chain, at which point, she will come home so we can watch some "Heroes" TiVo'd.

So, what was this about? Oh yeah, explanations and excuses. Got it? Good.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)