Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Techno-Addiction - MacBook


It was bound to happen. My old G3 iBook (nearly 4 1/2 years old) was in bad shape. So, the hell with bills and debt. We went out to the Apple Store in Pasadena and picked up this baby for a pretty penny (actual amount of pennies with-held) and a free printer after mail-in rebate. Sure, I could have waited until I actually had the money to buy one of these, but screw waiting. I had been dealing with a screen on a laptop that lasted a minute tops before it became a garbled mess of greens and purples. It actually looked like I had somehow tapped into "The Matrix". So, I bit the credit card bullet and plunked down for this sweet computer. Tech-specs for the geeks as follow:

2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
80 GB Hard-Drive
Superdrive (DVD-R/CD-R)
Airport Extreme & Bluetooth
13.3 inch Widescreen display
64 MB of VRAM
2 USB ports & 1 Firewire port
Mac OSX 10.4.8

And it's perfect timing as well, since my days at technical support are numbered (and can be counted with 2 fingers . . . more on that later), my co-workers won't be able to rag on me for not getting a piece of crap PC running Vista. We tend to butt heads when the Apple vs. Windows debate comes up, and I'm usually the only one on my side. Just because I don't want to dry hump the ground Bill Gates walks on. And, I'm blogging 5 minutes after going through the fairly easy to get through set-up. Try that with your PC, bitches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this your hump day hottie?

-h

Jaime said...

you know, I hadn't thought of that. so yes, I guess it is. she's a sexy computer, isn't she.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)