Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Utter Bullshit

I took Heather to her dental appointment today. Nothing out of the ordinary while getting there. Apart from them taking an epic amount of time to do a procedure that should have only taken 20 minutes, it was a normal visit. Up until I had to go out to move my car since I had parked in a 2 hour zone. When I got to my car I noticed a piece of paper stuck to my windshield wiper blade. At first I thought it was a ticket, which would have been utter bullshit because the car had only been there for an hour and 45 minutes.

When I unfolded the paper, I realized it was a note. I'll paraphrase it for you. It basically said that I had parked too close to someone's vehicle and scratched their bumper (unspecified front/back) with my license plates' screws. I did notice that there was a new truck parked in front of my car which was touching my car's front bumper. Now, when I had parked earlier, it had been in parked in between two sedans, with plenty of space between the cars and mine. Heather even crossed the street by going in between my car and another one, so my car was not initially parked too close to anything.

There was a number on the note. I called it, because the person who wrote it said that he/she would be contacting their insurance agency to file a claim against me. I got a voice mail and left a message telling the person that I had not touched their car with mine and that I had a witness that can corroborate my claim. I even took pictures with my cellphone of the screws that allegedly scraped the other car. There was no paint on them. The back license plate screws could not have done any damage because they are recessed into the bumber.

I also took the initiative to call my own insurance agency and file a claim, letting them know that I had gotten a note accusing me of damaging a car that I had not touched. They took down all the information, agreed that this happens from time to time. There are a lot of people that will claim that other cars damage their cars in an attempt to perpetrate insurance fraud. They told me an adjustor would be calling me tomorrow to review the facts and that someone would be calling the number on the note (which I provided them with) to speak with this person. They also told me that if the douchebag returns my call, to not bother messing around with arguing with them and to just give them the claim number.

So, I now await the next step in this utter bullshit saga. I really want this cocksucker to call me and accuse me of damaging their piece of shit car. And I will go to court over this if necessary. No fucker's going to accuse me of something I did not do.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i talked to the insurance adjustor today and he took down my claim information. told me the woman that is accusing me does not have any witnesses but has pictures of the damage she claims i caused. so, they set me up with a body shop that inspected my car.

when i got to the body shop, the guy that examined the bumper and took pictures was a little confused as to why i was there. there was no damage on it. the license plate was immaculate. but, he took the pictures anyway and told me he would write up his report and send the insurance company the pictures.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)