Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Freedom of Choice Block Party Weekend

Our local rock radio station is having one of these. It has been nearly 5 days of rock-blocks chosen by the listeners. Sure, in theory this sounds fantastic, but you probably don't know KROQ listeners. They are all retarded and trapped in some sort of alternate reality where Sublime is still cool. Now, I'm no Sublime hater, but I get pretty tired of hearing "Bad Fish" over and over again because some jackass in Van Nuys is so stoned that he can't think of anything else he wants to listen to.

I used to be a big Sublime fan . . . you know, back in '97. I loved that date rape song. But now, it just fucking grates on my nerves. I have all the Sublime CD's (or at least, had them . . . I have no idea what kind of havoc my wife has wrought upon my CD collection), even all the crappy compilation and b-side collections that came out after the lead singer offed himself. But, my music tastes are constantly evolving. I can't stand hearing these time-warped tunes over and over again. I am seriously going to kill someone with my car if I get in there after work today (yeah, I'm working the 4th of July) and a Sublime track is playing on the radio. I think I might start World War III if the jackass who picked that block of music decided to fill it with more than just one Sublime song.

Other bands that I can't stand currently include -

Nirvana: Sure they're timeless, but I don't want to hear their shit all the time.
System of a Down: Holy shit their new music sucks . . . even more than their old music, which is quite a fucking feat since I hated their previous shit.
Panic at the Disco: That "shut the door" song sucks my cock. And not in a good way.
Fallout Boy: I wish they fell out of an airplane . . . with parachutes . . . that had the chutes replaced with anvils. ACME brand anvils.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)