Monday, April 24, 2006

Pride on Display

The Sal and I work in the city of Glendale. If you're not familiar with this southern California town, then you should know that it is teeming with Armenian immigrants. For the most part, being an immigrant myself, foreigners don't bother me much. This is not the case with the Armenians though. I don't know what it is about them. Maybe their weird sense of false entitlement that makes the majority of them act like assholes who deserve much more than what they're getting.

But, this post is not about that. Over the weekend I began noticing cars flying the Armenian flag, kinda like post-9/11 when everyone had an American flag on their car. At first, I was amused by this, but then I started noticing more and more of these flagged cars all over the place. They went from one flag, to 2, to 3, to cars with flags draped over the hood and the trunk . . . culminating today with the most ridiculous display of home country pride I have ever seen.

This BMW had the whole combo. 4 flags attached to all 4 doors, the draped flag over the trunk & hood, and . . . the cherry on top of this weirdo display . . . a fucking flag pole with a full sized Armenian flag that was protruding from the sun roof. WTF? It almost makes me want to find out what the hell this is all about, but I'm too lazy to do much more than post about it. Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on in Glendale??

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do all Armenians smell like BO? I sat by this really pretty young girl on the bus once and she even smelled!

I hope it doesnt rub off on you!

|absolute absurdities| said...

...and i can confirm such oddity!

Freakin 'moes.

Jaime said...

i don't know why they smell . . . something to do with the way they cook their food. if you get yourself a handful of cumin (spice) and take a whiff, it'll smell like an armenian armpit.

Jaime said...

yeah, i heard about the genocide at work. one of the guys said he got cut-off by a car with a sticker on it that said "1915 will never happen again".

i thought to myself . . duh, it's 2006, it's numerically and time-stream impossible for 1915 to ever happen again.

|absolute absurdities| said...

Good point I argree. Furthermore, returning to 1915 would cause tremendous conflicts in the space time continuim!

deestract said...

A little late, but I think I saw that very same BMW today by Glendale High. Odd. And it seems that you've gotten your answer already...otherwise I woulda schooled you. Just some info I picked up during my one semester at Glendale Community College.

Jaime said...

school me? impossible.

"dropping knowledge" is my middle name.

Jaime said...

i speak from experience mr/mrs three paragraph commenter. come to Glendale, and walk through a crowd of armenians. chances are you'll gag.

i don't generalize. it's scientifically proven. i've done the research. now, the degree of stench gets lower with each generation, so 2nd and 3rd generation armenian americans tend to not smell at all. it's just the FOB's that tend to give off this aroma.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)