Friday, November 11, 2005

Patience = Zero Tolerance

I don't know what bug crawled up my butt today but it seems to be affecting my patience . . . a lot. I have been clicking on the "mute" button on my headset over and over agains and cursing the shit out of our customers. Thank the Lord for that little button. I don't know if it's because it's Friday and I desperately want to go back home and lie down in bed with my wife and forget about the outside world . . . or if it's because every single person calling in today has a touch of the computing down's syndrome. I'm thinking it's a combination of the both.

And the calls just keep coming in. They're relentless in their stupidity, and I also deal with clients that feel they're entitled to phone support even though they do not meet the phone support criteria. No matter how many times you tell them about the company policy, and how your hands are tied and you can only help them via e-mail, they still want the VIP treatment.

Also clients that don't know their customer number are really grinding my nerves today. How hard is it to have your information ready? How are we supposed to verify your account otherwise?? ARGH!!

The fact that today is crawling by at the slowest rate possible is also not helping the situation. It's barely noon and I have five and a half more hours of this?? Why do I do this to myself. I could be a panhandling bum on the streets and I think I would have much less stress that way. I hate the daily grind.

Venting procedures are done. I will get back to the dreaded calls. I see someone in the queu waiting to be stupid at me.

2 comments:

deestract said...

"I hate the daily grind."
Amen, my brotha. Almost as bad as dealing with moronic no-account-number having buffoons (for me, anyway) is not having any work! That's right, zero work, and I can't find anything to amuse me on-line and I don't feel like blogging -- too much brain power required. Have a good weekend.

Big D said...

People and their damn free support attitude.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)