Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Gibson Bin-Laden

Is it me or is Mel Gibson becoming more and more Al-Qaeda looking every day? Just look at that beard. Wow. Maybe this would explain why he's just going bat-shit over his new movie which will . . . once again . . . utilize a languange no-one speaks anymore. CHUD's got the a little news story about the upcoming film. Here's Gibson's quote about it.
"It's set before the Conquest, so there are no European faces, and we are using mostly indigenous people and actors from Mexico City . . . There's still a lot of mystery to the Mayan culture, but when all is said and done, it's just the backdrop to what I'm doing -- creating an action adventure of mythic proportions, and I am a megalomaniac, so I like the position … A lot of it I just made up, and when I checked it out with historians and archeologists, it wasn't that far wrong."
I am curious to see this movie, since it's supposed to be high on the gore-quotient, much like the Passion of the Christ was. And there are sure to be some Mayan-chest-danglers on the screen . . . which might be a bad thing come to think about it. They never look great in National Geographic. But who knows, Gibson might just make them look great. Either way, I'm just waiting for this movie with a confused "WTF is he thinking".

2 comments:

Jaime said...

i wish i could grow a beard like that. after two weeks of growth, i only get a mean stubble. :(

mojotek said...

Mad Max! Why have you forsaken us!kejle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)