Monday, November 21, 2005

Impending Plastic Doom

You work hard, put in extra hours, horde all your money to try to pay off the stupid purchases of your credit card past. That's pretty much what I do. Try to put out a credit forest fire with a spoonful of water at a time. It's nearly impossible. Specially when Bill Gates decides it's time for your gaming console to become obsolete and we all need to go out and buy a new one. Sure, the X Box has been around for a while. So, every so often new consoles come out. It's just the evolution of the videogame industry.

The problem is, I'm going to have to dip into the credit cards to afford this purchase. Sure, I could not pay rent for a month and then buy it no problem . . . but I'm sure my landlord would not like that all that much. And to the crazy people out there who are even thinking "Why do you need to buy it anyway? Why not just wait 'til you have the cash?" Are you kidding me? Wait? And be the only punk on the block without an X Box 360?? No friggin way. There are advantages to getting this at launch time too.

The accessories that come bundled with the 400 dollar package total out to 225 bucks of extra stuff. The 300 buck version pretty much comes stripped of these add ons, and it comes with a wired controller? What is this . . . 1985? The expensive bundle comes with a wireless controller, the essential 20 gig hard drive, all sorts of cables and a universal remote control which is only available for a short time. So it's key that I get this tomorrow . . . and then take the hit to the credit card.

Sure, I won't be opening the box until Christmas. I know, how gay. My wife just wants me to have something cool to open that day, and since she's paying for a fraction of it, I guess she has some say as to when I can finally get my mitts on this gaming dream of a console. Which means that for a month and change, I will be staring at the closet or storage area housing the X Box 360 box intently. I hope this doesn't bother the wife. So, if you're in Los Angeles . . . I suggest you wait til Wednesday to go get your 360. That'll give me enough time to go to the store and get the one I want undisrupted.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)