Thursday, November 03, 2005

DVD Additions 11/02/05

My ever increasing DVD library just had an influx of three DVD's from Columbia House yesterday. Arrived via regular postal mail, and I was wondering when they would arrive since the last time I checked my CH account the order was pending. But, guess they just needed to update it since today it shows shipped. Not sure why it didn't show shipped yesterday, but . . . hey, why the hell am I nit-picking about this?? On to the additions.

Crash
I haven't seen this yet, but I like stories with multiple story lines that somehow tie together into a grand scheme of things. Sort of like Magnolia I guess. I'm just hoping that this isn't TOO much like Magnolia. We'll see. Lots of good actors in this (despite the prescense of Sandra Bullock) and it's written by the guy that got an Oscar for writing Million Dollar Baby (which I have not seen yet, so it's irrelevant, much like most of things on this blog). This was picked by my wife, since I have been informed by her that every time I order DVD's I should run the selection by her so she can approve. She usually hates my taste in movies, since they tend to steer into the Horror genre most of the time. Which explains the following two choices.
High Tension
I never got a chance to catch this while it had it's short theatrical run. I know The Sal did, and you can check out his review of the film here. His write-up of the movie is pretty short . . . much like him, but concise. I am anxiously wanting to watch this because I hear it's got tons of gore and one "kick in the nuts" twist that people either love or hate. I'm hoping I love it.
Land of the Dead
Now, this is something I did watch. I am a zombie lover . . . not to the extent that it makes me ponder necrophilia, but I just love to see bullets popping zombie heads and the rampant carnage and gore associated with a sea of zombies chomping on helpless people. And it's a bonus if the movie is written and directed by the guy that pretty much help invent the zombie sub-genre . . . George A. Romero. This guy knows, understands, and brings his zombies to reanimated life with the flair of a true artist. I just hope that this movie spawns a couple of more sequels, because I can't get enough of them. I have all 4 Romero zombie movies, and it's not enough.

After that little bit of fanboy gushing, I'll close out the post with this. Buy George A. Romero movies. The world needs more zombie movies.

2 comments:

deestract said...

just so you know...i...love...crash.
You gotta decent-sized tv screen? 'Cause I don't...it's necessary. Hope you enjoy it. I never saw magnolia.

Jaime said...

the BAFW house sports a 32inch hitachi television set. it's sufficiently large to handle any movie.

but, say .. . if people clicked on more of my advertising, BAFW could upgrade to one of those flat screen HDTV sets.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)