Tuesday, November 15, 2005

DVD Tome "E"

Sorry about the one day delay with this post. It should have been posted yesterday morning, but I came down with a brief illness Sunday evening that knocked me out of commission for most of Monday. I'm feeling better . . . if you care. Now, onto the movies.

E.

Elf - This is the 2nd movie Jon Favreau has directed, and to date, it's one of his best. Will Ferrel plays the titular elf with childlike glee. James Caan looks annoyed most of the time, and I've been trying to mimic that huge burp the elf had after downing a 2 liter bottle of Coca-Cola. Now, if I could chug one of those without stopping . . hmm . . .

Emmanuelle - This is one of the first spank films that you can see on channels like Skin-emax. It's a classic tale of a French woman's sexual voyage of discovery. It even features a thai woman popping ping pong balls out of her cooter. This spawned a whole series of sequels, even an "Emmanuelle in Space" which was just a cheap half an hour show on Cinemax. So, it's impact has been felt. Actually, I'm thinking about feeling it's impact again pretty soon . . . if you know what I mean *wink wink*.

Entourage (Season 1) - I got this from my mother, who got it for free somehow. I think someone she knows went to the DVD release party for this and the DVD just kinda got handed down to me. No complaints about that, I save like 40 bucks in the process. It's an HBO series, so there's cursing, drug use, nudity . . . everything you can find in Hollywood if you're rich. So, pretty much nothing that I will encounter . . . ever . . . unless you endorse my advertising.

Equilibrium - That Christian Bale can kick ass I tell you. Have you seen this movie? It's action scenes are brutal . . . even if there is no blood spatter. Okay okay . . . so it might borrow from other movies pretty heavily, but it's all about the action. Gun-ka . . come on. And the scene with the puppy? LOL. I know, it's a silly movie, but I dare you to watch it and not enjoy it.

Evil Dead Book of the Dead Edition - This is the first Sam Raimi movie, and I got the version that comes with the DVD cover that mimics the feel of withered human flesh. I guess it feels like latex . . . oh well. The point is, it looks mighty sweet. This movie is just fantastic. It spawned a sorta sequel and a sequel to that one which became a cult classic. I heard some crazy story that Raimi was letting someone remake this . . .why?? Has all those Spider-Man millions driven you insane Sam? Don't let anyone touch this masterpiece. Here's a good idea . . make Evil Dead 4: S-Mart Siege where the Deadites are all outside the S-Mart that Ash works in and he's got to use every single resource available in the store to survive . . . while saving the cute barely legal cashier so she can give him some sugar later. Just a thought.

Escaflowne - This is one of those examples where they cram 20-some episodes of an anime show into a 2 hour movie. Sure, this is one of those examples where that works, but I'm not too fond of that practice. This is about a girl who gets transported to a magical land where there is a war going on and she's somehow a special priestess or something like that. You don't get much story development, and I'm assuming you're supposed to have watched the televised version of the anime to get everything in this movie. Nonetheless, great visual style here, cool mecha-action and one of the best non-parachute opening action sequence's ever drawn.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - This science fiction romance drama is not what you'd expect Jim Carrey to be starring in. But he puts aside all that stupid rubber faced crap that made him famous and he digs into his character. Also starring Kate Winslet . . and I'm glad to see she shed some of her Titanic tonage. This movie gets me all choked up towards the ending, so it even manages to reach a cold heartless bastard like myself. I suggest you catch this tale of lovers wanting to erase their memories of failed relationships.

Excel Saga (Vol 1-3) - One of the many unfinished anime series that I have. This one is a comedy, which pokes fun at the whole anime genre. So much so, that if you're not into anime and were to watch this fresh, you'd think it's just idiotic. Which it is, truly retarded. Why do I own it? It was recommended by someone, but by vol 3 I could not stand it anymore.

Exorcist, The - This is the re-released version of the original. I've seen it a total of 3 times, each time with a different girl, the last time with my wife. It's kind of strange how chicks want to see this with a guy, even though they know they'll be scared. This is one of the only horror movies my wife requested to see, and this was still during our courting period. I guess she wanted me to protect her. Which I did, because it's easy to protect a girl from the TV.

The E's have been e-xhausted. Keep coming back for more "rub my collection in your face" action. You know you like it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)