Monday, October 03, 2005

What Line is This For?

Fantasia, winner of one of those American Idol contests, can't read. She's illiterate. Which leads me to post this question. Did she think she was in a very long unemployment line when she lined up at whatever city American Idol was casting that day?
"American Idol" winner Fantasia Barrino reveals in her memoirs that she is functionally illiterate and had to fake her way through some scripted portions the televised talent show, which she won in 2004.
"You're illiterate to just about everything. You don't want to misspell," Fantasia told ABC's "20/20." "So that, for me, kept me in a box and I didn't, wouldn't come out."
Personally, I wish she had stayed in that box. And if that box wasn't large enough, I would have provided her with a nifty, new refridgerator box that I have just lying around the front porch. I like to make the hobos jealous with my cardboard mansion. But once in a while, I have charitable inclinations . . . and I would have given that box to her free of charge. But since she sold her soul to the devil . . . err . . . I mean Simon Cowell, she can go choke on all her money for all I care. She probably thinks it's lettuce, since she can't read the words on it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)