Wednesday, October 12, 2005

New Apple Releases

My buddy at Apple teased the release of something new to me while playing Halo over X Box Live last night. I already knew about the video iPod coming out, but I was not aware that an updated version of the G5 iMac would come out today. It's slimmer, faster, comes with a remote control, built in airport extreme, DVD-R/CD-RW drive etc etc etc . . . seriously a beautiful looking machine that performs just as great as it looks. Even my supervisor here at work just started drooling like a baby when he caught a glimpse of it. The giddyness he displayed about this new computer was kind of weird, since he's usually a calm and reserved guy. I guess the sense of wonder this personal computer (I refuse to abbreviate it as PC since that has a negative connotation for me) is might strong. But of course, the PC-zombies will be out in force, calling it a "crap-intosh" (courtesy of my co-worker) and so on. Whatever, I love this piece of computing hardware. I want it. Honey, go sell some eggs from your ovaries. Between this, and the X Box 360, we're going to need the extra cash . . . and by "we", I mean me profiteering from the sale of your ovum.

Ok, maybe I'm not that evil (maybe), and I might just have to keep using my older iBook until it finally craps out on me. The $1,299 price tag attached to this computer kind of scares me. It's totally the type of thing that I would put on one (or several) of my already overloaded credit cards (I swear MasterCard has a picture of me with the title "Best Client Ever" in their offices). I do want to get a job there, and my pal might be able to get me a job that would come with a pretty sweet employee discount. There is a move from Los Angeles to Sacramento involved, but I've already sold the wife on that prospect. Now it's just finding the right time to take the plunge into that little adventure. Los Angeles will rejoice when I make my exit from town the first or second quarter of 2006.

Let's just hope my laptop holds out 'til then.

1 comment:

Big D said...

Yeah it's a good year for apple I mean they are able to complete with those $300 Dell Celerons on performance quite the upgrade.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)