Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Life's a Bitch and I'm Her Pimp - Review

MC Chris is the nerd-hop king. Currently though, I think his earlier tracks were more nerd-punk . . but as one of the skits on this free CD download tells you . . . pop-punk is dead. Dead I tell you. Hip Hop is the new shit. So I highly recommend you download this little 8 track album. This has replaced Teddy's Cheer Club's demo as being on permanent rotation on my car's stereo . . . that is . . . until my wife beats me upside the head and puts on some Black Sabbath.

The tracks contained within are about 3 or so minutes long each, and wether MC Chris is rapping about robotussin trips, dq blizzards, or being Bobba Fett, you will be bobbing your head and trying to keep up with his lightning speed raps. If you think you recognize his voice from somewhere, then you must watch Adult Swim. He's been on a couple of their shows. He was MC Pee Pants in Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The guys in Sea Lab went on tour and became his roadies (Debbie carried his love child) and his "Why You Be So Fluffy" track was featured on an episode of the Brak Show during the credits.

I don't know if there is any post-production manipulation to get his voice down to what it sounds like on these tracks. I hope not. That would just kill the mystique. He's got himself a concert tour that's coming around Los Angeles at the end of this month. His tour dates are listed on his website and you can get the tracks for this particular CD from his "RAPS" section.

Let the nerds rejoice. Nerd-hop has been born. MC Chris be it's daddy . . . ya heard?

3 comments:

:P fuzzbox said...

Brak rocks but I'm not sure about nerd-hop. Hey I came across a story about 'camel toads's' in Snopes and thought of your obcession. Heres the link. http://www.snopes.com/risque/tattled/cameltoad.asp

mojotek said...

I'd heard of him before... but hadn't really gone looking for his tracks. I'll have to give this a download.

Thanks for the Adult Swim update, too!

Jaime said...

adult swim roxxors my soxxors.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)