Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Technical Difficulties

My Apple laptop that I use at home is old. I got it before I got married, and it has survived my wife's accident prone'iness for the entirety of our marriage. But, all good things must come to an end as the display on the thing crapped out on us 2 nights ago. The computer still works fine, but the picture comes across all tinted (in pink and purple) and it eventually gets too blurry to do much of anything on it.

I called Apple Tech Support yesterday (longer wait that our Tech Support) and they told me that my Apple Care Protection plan had lapsed in December and that it was non-renewable. They also told me that fixing displays is quite the price'y operation and that it would cost a hundred bucks more just to get a new MacBook. So, I'm left with quite the connundrum (not unlike tasting your own genitals *wink*). Do I buy a new computer now or tough it out without a fully functional (well, mostly annoying really) display on mine until I get (if I get) a new job that would pay me enough to afford it without having to dip into the ever deepening credit hole I've dug for myself (and lovely wife, never say I don't give you anything!)?

And before the Apple-hata's jump in and start chastising me over my computing choices . . . I'll have you know that I had pretty much no problems during the 4+ years of operation, which is more than what you Windows users can say with your viruses and Windows vulnerability issues. So, go defenestrate yourselves, Bill Gates Zombies.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)