Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New 24 Season

I get that "24" is a gigantic show. Everything happens pseudo-real-time, and the show is shown straight through without any interruptions in episode screenings. It has some of the best plot-twists and surprise developments ever put on television, and the cast (with the exception of pouty-faced analist girl) is superb (not suburb as those West Texans would have you believe). So, why do I go into this new season with a bit of apprehension? Last season held me for most of it. I watched damn near every episode and my TiVo-like DVR device worked overtime trying to get all of the shows. But, towards the end of it, I grew more and more tired with every single thing that was getting crammed into the last few episodes. So much so, that by the time the finale rolled around, I was totally uninterested and just tired (borderline exhausted) with the whole spectacle.

So, I have high hopes for this new season, that is getting recorded every time it airs. I've sat through the first 2 hours of the 4 hour season premiere. Loved it when Keifer Sutherland killed a terrorist by eating him. Loved it when pouty-faced analist girl got screamed at by the Bill Buchanan character. Bitch just doesn't know when to keep her nose out of things. I'm liking that Jack's got no family/attachments to think of (as of now) and he can focus on the real threat. Kal Penn as "Agh-met" is a pretty good casting choice, and the suicide bomber getting kicked out of the MTA subway train got my adrenaline pumping.

I'm going to watch last night's episodes this afternoon. Maybe they'll hook me. There's another "surprise development that will change the show forever" that was getting hyped on the upcoming episodes promo that I'm looking forward to . . . with little trepidation. I'm just hoping that it's not too much to process again.

1 comment:

Big D said...

Yes, we have established I can't spell. Thank you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)