Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I Fought The Law . . .

. . . and for once, I won. Who would have known. Miracles do happen. And just what the hell am I talking about? No, I didn't have a Terminator-like shootout in a police station (yet), just a little trouble with a parking ticket.

This morning I pulled into the paid parking lot to find a place to nap before work. For the heck of it, I thought I'd check out all the rows to see if I could find a dead meter. Sure enough, there was one, and I parked, listened to the radio, and at a quarter to nine I headed out to the office. Around 11 a pal and I went down to the parking lot to smoke (not me, 'cause he only smokes Marlboro Red 100's, and apparently, I don't have enough hairs on my chest to handle those) and I noticed a yellow envelope sitting on my window.

I walk over and what do I see? A parking citation?? What?? On a meter that reads "Dead Out of Order"!! I am a bit flabergasted by this at the time, but I keep my cool, and eventually flag down one of the meter maids riding around in their modified Jeeps (that's what the City of Glendale uses . . .by modified I mean steering on the wrong side).

She drives over to my car and checks out the meter, checks out the ticket, tells me "Ok, I'll take care of this." I think it helped that I am dashingly good looking but the facts were there. I was ticketed wrongly, and she took care of it. I even asked her "Is it ok to leave my car here?" and she replied with a "Yes, you can leave it there".

So, for once, score for me. Screw you Glendale. You lose this round.

2 comments:

deestract said...

Those Glendale parking-enforcement-giving-jeep-riding fuckers... Hurrah for you! Now, let's just hope she doesn't "forget" to take care of it... and that she doesn't read your blog. hehe.

Jaime said...

i could have parked in the same spot today . . . but i don't want another hassle.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)