Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Envy the Flood of Presents

So, I think I did pretty well this year as far as presents go. Most of them where from my wife, who did a stupendous job of finding these "geeky" things for me. I'll break it down into three categories.

DVD's

First up is the continuation of the best Star Wars entry yet . . . and no, it's not one that was shot by George Lucas. This is Genddy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars Season 2 show that aired on Cartoon Network. Seriously has the best Star Wars action in any of the prequels or original trilogy entries.

Continuing with the geeky theme this year, she got me the Sin City DVD, which is one of the truest comic-to-film translations 2005 had to offer. Quite possibly the most loyal to the source material ever. It's not the best comic book movie, but having the actual writer/artist co-direct helped make this film uniquely interesting.

The 40 Year Old Virgin was given to me by a co-worker as a Secret Santa present. It was thouroughly enjoyed by the wife and I. That Steve Carrel is a funny mother-muchacho. And I got the unrated version, with more titties for our unrated fun.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol 4 - Continuing the wacky antics of the New Jersey not-so detective agency, this currently completes our collection of ATHF DVD's until the next one comes out. Extensive extras, easter eggs, 13 episodes . . . highly recommended for anyone that enjoys laughing.

Comics

Ultimate Fantastic Four - I really dig the Ultimate line of comics from Marvel. Thanks to Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Millar, they really kick-started a fun side universe where we get fresh takes on Marvel standards without the bogdown of early Marvel continuity. I got Vol 1. from my wife, who actually walked down to the comic book store and bought it . . in person. My poor wife. She must have gotten ogled by the 37 year old virgin behind the counter.

The Walking Dead - Vol 4, this woman just loves me. It's real love when she can go to a store and pick out my favorite zombie comic out and get me the latest copy of the trade. Now I just need to get her hooked on this so she can go along with me buying other Robert Kirkman work, like Invincible.

Y The Last Man Vol 6 - This she got for me because I got her hooked on this story and she can't wait for new volumes to come out. I can't blame her, it's a really good comic book, one of the best out there, and I'm glad DC puts out the trades in a timely fashion.

Gaming

Perfect Dark Zero Collectors Edition - Ok, so I don't actually have an X Box 360 . . yet! I keep trying to buy one, but everywhere I go they're sold out. I guess it works for the best since I don't really want to put a 400+ purchase on credit. I'd much rather wait til I get my year end bonus from work and use half of that on a new game system. And thanks to my wife's foresight, I'll have a game to play on my new console . . . whenever it is that I get it.

Miscellaneaous

Belts - My brother got me not one, but two belts . . . both black, and both totally unexplainable. I was not under the impression that I was in dire need of belts, but thanks bro. I hope you enjoy the 7 pack of tighty-whities we got you.

PJ's - A Christmas tradition that my wife has brought with her, the purchasing of pajamas to be opened on Christmas eve. It's a cute tradition, and I totally fooled her into thinking that I had forgotten. I got some flannel pants and a t-shirt, along with some really kick-ass slippers. And yes, if you laugh at my slippers, I will kick your ass with them.

Shirts - This was again from my brother, who got me a polo and a long sleeve t-shirt. Both a size too small, so I guess I need to go on a diet to be able to fit into them. Thanks for the hint . . . you hippity hoppity mofo'er.

Cash - A yes . . . the cashola. One of my aunts and my parents gave me some cash for the holidays, most of which has been spent . . . on groceries. AHH!! I never get what I want around here.

Stocking Stuffers - Some chocolates (dark chocolates . . my favorite) and a CD carrying case.

I think that was it, and if I'm forgetting something, I'm sure my wife will make sure to remind me on here. If she doesn't give me a black eye first. But a black eye is more of a birthday present . . . or All Saints Day. I don't know. I've gotten so many presents I had a hard time compiling this list. Yeah, that's why it took me two days to write this post. Either that, or senility is sinking in.

2 comments:

|absolute absurdities| said...

Well it sure sounds like you did pretty good on them gifts yo! I gotta give it up to your lady for actually gettin you those neat gifts man. She's a keeper alright!

~M~ said...

Ah ATHF, a great gift all around. Also, did you gwt the director's cut of Sin City. It's supposed to be awesome.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Custom Search
Apple iTunes
.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)